Suzanne Hobbs (Strings)
My name is Suzanne and I am a cello teacher. I have lived in Sheffield for many years and started learning music at the age of seven. I enjoyed playing cello in youth orchestras as I got older and I then studied for a music degree at the University of Sheffield. I played in the university symphony orchestra and chamber orchestra as well as in smaller ensembles. After this I studied for a PGCE at Sheffield Hallam University and taught as a primary school teacher for several years. Some of this time was working as the music co-ordinator, teaching class music lessons and extra-curricular groups such as recorder groups. I also led a choir and co-ordinated the music for school performances and concerts. I started working as a peripatetic cello teacher in 2009 with Sheffield Music Service and I have worked as a music leader since 2014. I teach specialist cello lessons to junior and secondary aged children, and I also lead the Let’s Make Music group for Key Stage 1 children. I love to see students enjoying music as they play and learn week by week.
- Favourite song/piece of music – Varied Mood by Ray Woodfield
- Favourite thing to do outside of work – walking in the Peak District
- Favourite food - flapjack
- Favourite place in Sheffield – Porter Brook valley
- One thing about me that would surprise you to know – I support Yorkshire cricket team
Director of: Let's Make Music!
Hints and Tips