Bursaries for Music Hub Lessons and Groups
Bursaries of 50% (off a 20 minute lesson fortnightly lesson) are available for lessons and FREE music group membership. In order to qualify families must be eligible and/or in receipt of one of the following:
- Free school meal eligibility (subject to change September 2014)
- Universal Credit
- If not in receipt of Universal Credit (eligibility and information here) one of the following:
- Income support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Working tax credit, (where annual income is below £16,190)
Children with special needs
Bursaries are also available for children with special needs.
You will need to submit a letter from your child’s Headteacher (Sheffield schools only) confirming that your child has special needs and would benefit from a longer lesson to qualify.
Children Looked After (CLA)
Free lessons, instrument hire, music group places and holiday courses are available for looked-after children (e.g children in foster care)
Please provide us with a letter from your Sheffield school, social worker or Sheffield City Council confirming that you are a carer for a looked-after child.
Please contact SheffieldMusicHubCLA@sheffield.gov.uk
Financial assistance for instruments
- Families in receipt of a Sheffield Music Hub Lesson bursary receive a 50% instrument hire bursary automatically
- The Arts Council’s Take It Away Scheme provides an interest-free loan to purchase an instrument
- Contact charities and trusts which may provide financial assistance for music lessons and instruments