Bursaries for Music Hub Lessons
Bursaries of 50% are available for lessons. In order to qualify families must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Free school meal eligibility (subject to change September 2014)
- Income support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Working tax credit, where annual income is below £16,190
Children with special needs
Bursaries are also available for children with special needs.
You will need to submit a letter from your child’s Headteacher (Sheffield schools only) confirming that your child has special needs and would benefit from a longer lesson to qualify.
Looked after children
Free lessons are available for looked-after children.
Please provide us with a letter from your Sheffield school, social worker or Sheffield City Council confirming that you are a carer for a looked-after child.
Financial assistance for instruments
- Families in receipt of a Sheffield Music Hub Lesson bursary receive a 50% instrument hire bursary automatically
- The Arts Council’s Take It Away Scheme provides an interest-free loan to purchase an instrument
- Contact charities and trusts which may provide financial assistance for music lessons and instruments