Bursaries for Music Hub Lessons and Groups
Bursaries of 50% (off a 20 minute lesson fortnightly lesson) are available for lessons and FREE music group membership for children living in Sheffield. In order to qualify families must be eligible and/or in receipt of one of the following:
- Free school meal eligibility (subject to change September 2014)
- Universal Credit
- If not in receipt of Universal Credit (eligibility and information here) one of the following:
- Income support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Working tax credit, (where annual income is below £16,190)
Bursaries are also available for lessons with Music Hub Accredited Teachers. Please contact your Accredited Teacher or school for further information.
Children with special needs
Bursaries are also available for children with special needs.
You will need to submit a letter from your child’s Headteacher (Sheffield schools only) confirming that your child has special needs and would benefit from a longer lesson to qualify.
Fees for individual bursary lessons
Financial Support Bursary – 50% off the price of a Fortnightly lesson on receipt of evidence submitted. See terms and conditions.
Fortnightly 20 minutes lesson - £42.96 for 12 lessons (Autumn term x 12 lessons), £39.38 for 11 lessons (Spring and Summer term x 11 lessons)
SEND Bursary – Upgrade to an individual lesson if evidence received from school to confirm SEND status and that the child would benefit from an individual weekly lesson rather than a fortnightly lesson.
20 minute weekly lesson - £85.92 for 12 lessons (Autumn term), £78.76 for 11 lessons (Spring and Summer term)
Financial Support & SEND Bursary – Both the bursaries above on receipt of evidence as per terms and conditions.
20 minute weekly lesson - £42.96 for 12 lessons (Autumn term x 12 lessons), £39.38 for 11 lessons (Spring and Summer term x 11 lessons)
Children Looked After (CLA)
Free lessons, instrument hire, music group places and holiday courses are available for looked-after children (e.g children in foster care)
Please provide us with a letter from your Sheffield school, social worker or Sheffield City Council confirming that you are a carer for a looked-after child.
Please contact SheffieldMusicHubCLA@sheffield.gov.uk
Financial assistance for instruments
- Families in receipt of a Sheffield Music Hub Lesson bursary receive a 50% instrument hire bursary automatically
- The Arts Council’s Take It Away Scheme provides an interest-free loan to purchase an instrument
- Contact charities and trusts which may provide financial assistance for music lessons and instruments