Singing Training for School Teachers
Singing training for school teachers
Sheffield Music Hub’s Choir Support Package 2020/21
What is our aim?
The year long programme aims to embolden teachers and educators with the skills and confidence to become a singing ensemble leader in their school. Be that with a school choir, singing assembly or bringing singing into the classroom. We understand that there are many ways that an educator can become an ambassador for singing culture in their school and will help you develop skills and strategies to fit the needs and challenges of your school setting.
Who is it for?
This programme is for anyone who is already leading singing in their setting and would like to develop their practice or anyone who would like to but doesn’t know where to start. This can be leading choirs, singing assemblies or class singing. The small group size means that each person gets bespoke support to enable them to successfully transfer their learning and development into their school.
- A range CPD’s covering topics such as;
Conducting - the basics
Leading a warm up
Choosing appropriate repertoire and where to find it
Making singing inclusive across your school
Building energy around singing
- School visits - where a singing specialist will visit your school to see you in action and provide support and feedback.
- Private singing lessons. A chance for a vocal check in and learn how to protect your voice.
- Shadow a professional Music Leader in a variety of ensemble settings, from choir leading to classroom singing, to singing assemblies.
- Become part of an online community of primary school ensemble leaders where you will be given access to resources and the opportunity to communicate with fellow leaders.
For more detailed information please click here for the package brochure.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the year long package is £395. The CPD sessions will all be outside of the school day and the other aspects of the package are arranged at a convenient time with your singing specialist.
How do I sign up?
For more information about the package please contact:
Caroline Hallam - email@example.com 07825 034 939
Charlotte Broadbent - firstname.lastname@example.org 07815 003 603
This package is subscribed to through Traded Services. Please speak to your Headteacher or Business Manager.