Spring Musical Showcase - Tuesday Performance
We are delighted to announce details of our first ever Spring Musical Showcase Series!
Tuesday 21st March concert will be at Sheffield Cathedral – please note this is instead of performing at the Classical Sheffield Weekend as previously mentioned.
- Arrival time for groups are as follows:
- Senior Strings – 4pm
- Intermediate Strings – 4:20pm
- Sheffield Youth Strings – 4:45pm
- Sheffield Children's Orchestra – 5pm
Please be prompt as we have a tight rehearsal schedule.
- Please complete the online form to confirm if they can take part or not by Friday 17th February.
- Performers need to sign in at the small side door opposite the tram stop (Look for the Music Hub sign). There is nowhere for parent/carers to wait inside.
- Performers will stay in the building until the end of the concert so please send a packed tea and drinks.
The concert dress is group specific as follows:
- Intermediate Strings – All black
- Senior Strings – All black
- Sheffield Children's Orchestra – Black bottoms and shoes, plain colourful top
- Sheffield Youth Strings – All black
We ask that performers are dressed in smart clothing (as they would for school) with no logos and avoiding sportwear and trainers. We understand this is not always possible so please speak to your group director at the end of a rehearsal if you need further guidance
- If performers need to get changed at the venue they will need to do this in the designated toilets.
- Performers will need to be collected from inside the Cathedral at the end of the concert (approx. 8:30pm) unless they have permission to leave alone (given on the attendance form).
- Tickets are available through Eventbrite from Tuesday 7th February, 5pm. There is a limit to the number of tickets being sold, please book early to avoid disappointment. If you purchase a ticket for one concert and your child is performing in another concert that week please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you will a free ticket for the other concert.
- Doors open at 6:30pm with the concert starting at 7pm. We estimate the concert will finish for 8:30pm.
We are excited to welcome you, your friends and family to this family friendly concert.
If you have any questions please email MusicHubProjects@Sheffield.gov.uk or email your music group director.