Senior Residential July 2020
We would like to invite your child to be part of a really fantastic event, taking place between members of Senior Orchestra and Peak District Music Centres.
We will be staying at Castleton Youth Hostel, covering some new and exceptional American Themed repertoire, working towards two joint performances
- 9th July 2020. Sheffield Cathedral. This concert will be free entry with a retiring collection.
- 10th July 2020. Buxton Concert – Venue to be confirmed.
The weekend is an opportunity to strengthen relationships and to experience what it feels like to be part of, and to perform as a massed orchestra.
What is included:
- Coach Travel (one way)
- All of your child’s food and drink is provided
- Focused sectional/group rehearsals
- Evening entertainments (Ceilidh Band, Evening Hike with Thornbridge professionals)
- Friday 3 July 2020 Coach will leave Mercia School car park, (rear of car park) at 5.15pm, (arrive at 5.00pm to load up)
- Students can be collected from Castleton Youth Hostel at 1.00pm on Sunday 5th July 2020
For all of the above the cost is between £110.00 and £130.00 (depending on numbers). Bursaries are available for this event and Children that are Looked After can attend for free.
If you would like to join us for this exciting opportunity please Apply online. A minimum deposit of £50 will be required by 31st January 2020 and the remainder will be due March 2020 the Code of Conduct form.
We look forward to welcoming all of your young musicians to this exciting weekend of music making and activity.