Job Vacancy - Seven Hills School, Music Specialism (Maternity Leave)
SEVEN HILLS SCHOOL – Appointment of Full Time Temporary Teacher with Music Specialism (Maternity Leave) + 1 SEN Allowance
Seven Hills School requires a Full Time Teacher with a Music Specialism to cover for Maternity Leave.
You will work as class tutor for pupils with complex physical and learning needs, and be committed to providing rich and challenging learning experiences across the curriculum. All pupils at Seven Hills School have learning difficulties and many have other associated difficulties relating to communication, sensory, physical and / or medical needs.
An ability to establish excellent relationships with students and deliver a wide range of subjects to students with very low level learning is essential. Your timetable will reflect a 60% Music Teaching Commitment with the remaining 40 % of teaching for other subjects.
Ideally the person appointed will have relevant experience/qualifications within SEND and be an enthusiastic, committed and a skilled professional. However colleagues from both primary and secondary mainstream backgrounds with a willingness to learn will also be considered. An up to date Team Teach qualification or a willingness to train for this will be essential. Applicants should be comfortable working as part of an experienced team of teaching and support staff and specialist professional colleagues.
This job would suit a professional who is passionate about innovation in teaching in the specialist sector. It will require a resilient and highly effective teacher who is committed to providing stimulating and engaging learning activities and who is able to use visual support to structure learning and classroom organisation.
Informal visits to the school are warmly encouraged and candidates should telephone the school to arrange a mutually convenient time. Further details and application forms are available by sending a large SAE to Mrs T Mycroft at Seven Hills School, Granville Road, Sheffield, S2 2RJ, to who completed forms should be returned, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0114 2743560
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 27 February
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD: Monday 9 March