Exciting New Hallé Project for Schools
The Hallé Adopt a Player Project 2019
We are delighted to invite your school to take part in the exciting new Hallé Adopt a Player project which is taking place next year.
The Hallé’s Adopt-a-Player Scheme has been conceived to introduce children to the Hallé by offering them the opportunity to attend Hallé concerts at the City Hall in Sheffield. For many children this will be their first experience of attending a concert and visiting the City Hall so we think it very important that we make this experience as special as possible.
The project will involve a musician from the orchestra visiting the school on the morning of the concert to deliver a two-hour creative workshop. This will involve them performing to the children, telling them about the Hallé and what life is like as a professional musician. It will also involve them talking to the children about the music to be performed in the concert and, after some suitable warm-up and icebreaker exercises, working with them to produce a short creative exercise based on a piece to be performed in the concert that evening.
Following the workshop, the children will then attend the evening concert at the City Hall where they will be met by the player before they are seated for the concert. At the beginning of the concert the conductor, or a player from the Hallé, will welcome the children to the concert from the platform and introduce them to the audience. We hope that the workshop will provide the children with a greater understanding of the music they will hear and ultimately increase their enjoyment of the concert.
- The days you can select are Friday 22 March 2019 or Friday 7 June 2019
- The player will visit on your chosen day and then you will attend the concert at 7pm that same evening
- A maximum of 60 children can participate
- The children who participate in the player workshop must be the ones who attend the concert
- You can request a player of a certain instrument type and, if available, we will try to accommodate this
- Suitable for primary or secondary schools
- Schools are required to contribute £75 +VAT (£90) to the cost of this project (concert tickets are included in this and are not required to be purchased separately)
If you would like to be one of the first schools in Sheffield to participate in this project then please complete the online registration form.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.