COVID update January 2022
Keeping your music activity safe to protect children and young people, our staff and school colleagues
At Sheffield Music Hub we are committed to maintaining music provision across all of our activity whilst doing everything in our power to keep everyone involved as safe as possible. Here is an update and reminder of the steps we are taking:
- All staff are expected to continue with regular lateral flow testing and will not attend work if they display any COVID symptoms.
- Our staff have stocks of cleaning materials and are expected to maintain regular, good quality, hand hygiene.
- We expect all of our activity to take place in well ventilated spaces.
- Our staff will maintain a 2m social distance at all times – this includes from pupils / students, from each other and from school colleagues. This will ensure that staff do not become a close contact as they move between various schools and settings.
- Staff will wear masks in all communal areas across all the settings we work in and also in teaching spaces in secondary schools. Where the teacher needs to demonstrate and this is not possible whilst wearing a mask they will remove their mask for this activity – but whilst ensuring all other protocols are adhered to.
We continue to follow these protocols which are above and beyond the current guidance in most cases – we continue to work closely with our colleagues in Sheffield City Council, Public Health and the Department for Education to stay on top of the most up to date guidance.
We hope that we can continue to provide face to face musical activity as safely as possible throughout the current uncertainty.
For specialist lessons only, should your child / young person be absent due to self isolation we are happy to arrange an online lesson, during the school day, at their usual lesson time subject to appropriate approvals. These will be shared with you by your music leader should the need arise.
Thanks as always for your support
Ian Naylor (Head of Music Education Sheffield) and the team at Sheffield Music Hub.