Concerteenies Musical Stories
Concerteenies has created five new Musical Stories for children, available to view for FREE on their YouTube channel, thanks to funding from Arts Council England.
Each Musical Story is designed to engage children aged 2-7 in musical fun and learning, with narration by Polly Ives, musical settings by Paul Rissmann, and performances by instrumentalists from across the UK.
- ‘The Dog Who Could Dig’ by Jonathan Long and Korky Paul, performed by Emma Crossley (marimba)
- ‘Mixed’ by Arree Chung, performed by Louise Thomson (harp)
- ‘The Dinosaur Department Store’ by Lily Murray and Richard Merritt, performed by Elliott Bailey (cello)
- ‘Mouse and Bear’ by Kev Payne, performed by Jack McNeill (clarinets)
- ‘Perfectly Norman’ by Tom Percival, performed by by Kimi Makino (viola)
There are also Intro Films and Activity Packs to help children explore each book before and after the pieces to support all-round learning.