Be Part of Hubfest 2020 at Yellow Arch - Performer Applications Now Open!
Deadline Sunday 10th November 2019 - Apply Online
Date – Sunday 12 July 2020
Venue – Yellow Arch Studios
Hubfest is back! Sheffield Music Hub (SMH) is excited to announce an incredible opportunity for the city’s finest up and coming bands and artists to perform in a one day festival in a world-class venue.
Hubfest showcases the best local talent and provide a platform for emerging bands, singer-songwriters and groups. There will be support along the way from professional musicians and mentors which will provide a richly rewarding opportunity to take bands and artists to the next stage of their musical journey.
Click here to find out what Hubfest 2018 was all about.
Do you or someone you know play in an established band or group or are a solo artist and are looking for opportunities to perform?
Do you want to play in a world-class venue in front of 400 people?
Do you want to access support and mentoring opportunities to take your playing to the next level?
If this is you then get applying for Hubfest 2020!
There are 3 options:
- A long set (up to 30 minutes)
- A short set (up to 15 minutes)
- Acoustic set (upto 15 minutes playing the in Piano Bar)
- An ‘Introducing’ set (The SMH Introducing Stage will provide an opportunity for newly formed groups which are just starting out to perform a short set of 5 minutes or 1-2 songs)
What is the commitment?
Each band and performer must commit to:
- Ensuring you are fully prepared and up to performance standard for all performances.
- Attending at least one Hubfest Sounds Night – This is a pre-festival opportunity to present a shortened set to an audience of industry professionals and your fellow performers. You will receive feedback to take your performance to the next level.
- Festival day – you will need to be at Hubfest for the full day (3pm – 8pm) on Sunday 12 July 2020.
- Engaging with the mentoring programme including:
- Masterclasses with industry professionals e.g. promoters, managers etc.
- ‘Know Your Tech’ sessions to help you sound your best
- Studio sessions - ongoing, intensive mentoring with a professional musician (there may be a charge for this).
- Shouting about Hubfest on your social media channels, actively sell tickets to the festival and engage with press/media activities when required.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application form – this must be undertaken with an adult who is willing to act as your main contact and take an active part in the process.
- Share a video recording of your music via a link on the application form (max. 4 minutes). Please click here for help and advice on filming and uploading your videos.
- We welcome applications that represent and celebrate the diversity of our city. If you require extra assistance to submit or access the application form or have any queries about this please contact Caroline Hallam.
The selection Process:
The deadline for applications is Sunday 10 November 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday 1 December 2019. If you are not successful this time, you will be able to ask for constructive feedback and ideas of ways to develop and continue your music making.
If you have any queries about the application process, please contact Caroline Hallam - 07825034939.