Auditions Open for National Children's Orchestra
NCO is looking for:
- Young musicians aged 7-13 years old…
- Who are British citizens, residents of, or studying in the British Isles...
- And have a passion for playing an orchestral instrument!
They have five national age-banded orchestras drawing from children who are due to start in school years 3-9 from September this year, plus six Regional Orchestras, drawing on a wider pool of Associate Members. In total, they have 650 places available for NCO National and Associate Membership.
As well as receiving top orchestral training and support from leading professional musicians and tutors, the young musicians in NCO also benefit from additional activities that improve playing, boosts confidence and teaches them life skills outside of music making.
In 2018, NCO members have:
- Attended residential courses, centred around a child-led curriculum
- Created their very own piece of orchestral music
- Participated in a special workshop led by NCO alum, Nicola Benedetti MBE
- Performed at major concert halls across the UK
- Received tips on wellbeing and injury prevention caused by playing
- Taken part in exciting regional activities close to home
NCO is proud to offer a financial assistance scheme, opening up their music education experience to more children and young people than ever before. For more information on annual membership fees and financial assistance, please visit www.nco.org.uk.
If you know any young people, whom you think might like to join us, please encourage them to apply for an NCO audition today. Simply head over to www.nco.org.uk/audition to start!