Wider Music Network Conference
Our inspiring speakers this year are the award winning Dennis Rollins, famous jazz trombonist and founding member of Badbone & Co. and Sarah Sayeed who is one half of new folk electronica duet, Myth of Her.
- KS2 Ukulele: Achieving Lift Off- A start up guide for the non-specialist with Music Leader, Travis Finch
- The Sheffield Primary Singing Support Pack - Helping you put singing at the centre of school life with Music Hub Singing Coordinator, Peter Taylor
- Using Technology Creatively In The Primary Classroom with Andrew Lingard and Brett Jackson, Teach 24 Primary School PPA Cover
- The Art of Asking Questions – Using open questions and active listening for more meaningful conversations with Verity Clarke, IVE (am only)
- Making the Most of Funding Opportunities - Top tips for writing bids, encouraging volunteers, gaining sponsorship and more with Rachel Veitch-Straw, Brass Bands England. (pm only)
Delegates will be able to attend one workshop in the morning and another in the afternoon.
The Conference is taking place on Friday 24 November 2017, 9am – 4pm at the Sheffield Town Hall. The cost is £20 per delegate and this includes refreshments and lunch.
All previous conferences have been a sell out so book early to avoid missing out. You can book a place online now.
All are welcome including:
- School colleagues
- music organisations
- local music hubs
- freelance musicians
- music teachers
- all lovers of music!
The day will consist of guest speakers, practical workshops, networking time and performances by children and young people. Trade stalls are also available.
All delegates are invited to provide a leaflet or insert which we will gladly place in our hand-out packs for the day (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise this).
Please book your place by Friday 10 November 2017.